You have no items in your shopping basket.
- 400g cake flour (see Cook's notes)
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 160g granulated sugar
- 250g butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 50g granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 tablespoons rainbow sugar (see Cook's notes)
- Sift the flour, cream of tartar, bicarbonate of soda, salt and sugar together.
- Rub in the butter, then add the egg and bring together to form a dough. Rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Measure 1 tablespoon pieces of dough and roll them into balls. Place the balls of cookie dough on a Le Creuset Rectangular Baking Sheet and flatten them slightly.
- Mix the granulated sugar and the spices.
- Sprinkle the spiced sugar on top of the biscuits and then top with a little rainbow sugar.
- Bake at 180°C/160°C fan/Gas Mark 4 for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- Cake flour is a specialist flour, ground finely for baking. Alternatively, plain flour can be used in its place.
- Rainbow sugar is available from specialist baking suppliers. Alternatively, substitute your own choice of decoration.