You have no items in your shopping basket.
Tom’s Kitchen Macaroni Cheese, Basil and Garlic
- 250g pasta
- 50g flour
- 45g butter
- 600ml milk
- Large pinch of salt and pepper
- 50g gruyere cheese
- 30g parmesan cheese
- 20g Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves - finely chopped
- 15 basil leaves - torn
- 2 bay leaves
- 6g thyme
- Start by cooking some pasta of your choice in a pan of salted boiling water, once cooked strain and refresh under cold running water.
- Place the milk into a pan over a low-medium heat and add the thyme and bay leaf. Bring up to a warm heat and leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a separate pan over a low heat and add the butter and garlic. Cook out for 2-3 minutes then add the flour. Heat for 2-3 minutes and stir constantly so the mixture comes together.
- Add the infused milk stirring with a wooden spoon, making sure that it’s properly mixed in and the roux is smooth before adding more milk. Once all incorporated simmer for 2 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and season with salt and pepper. Add the cheese, mustard, basil and pasta to the pan and then pour the contents of the pan into the casserole dishes. Cover with some extra cheese and place in the oven at 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and serve immediately.