You have no items in your shopping basket.
Spinach, Red Onion and Bacon Frittata
A frittata is the Italian version of a deep and substantial omelette. It is ideally suited to the Le Creuset 3-ply Stainless Steel frying pan with its easy to use non-stick lining and stainless steel handle, which allows the recipe to be finished under a hot grill.
- 750g new potatoes, peeled
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 175g smoked bacon, rind removed and chopped
- 75g fresh spinach leaves, washed thoroughly
- 6 large eggs
- 125g mature Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Cool and cut into 5mm thick slices.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and bacon, fry until both are cooked.
- Add the potatoes with the torn spinach leaves. Cook, stirring, until the spinach is just beginning to wilt.
- Beat the eggs, add three quarters of the cheese, the herbs and plenty of seasoning. Pour over the ingredients in the pan easing the eggs evenly through the mixture.
- Cook over a low heat for 4-5 minutes until the side edges are set – a spatula can be slid under the edge to check.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Place under a pre-heated grill and cook until the top is pale golden brown.
- Leave to rest in the pan for 2-3 minutes. Using a spatula, ease around the edge then by shaking the pan gently slide the frittata on to a hot serving plate, keeping the grilled side uppermost.
- Cut into wedges and serve with a crisp salad.