You have no items in your shopping basket.
Cooked in our Palm 30cm Cast Iron Shallow Casserole.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
- 1 large onion - finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves - crushed
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets - cut into chunks
- 175g (6oz) chorizo sausage - cut into 1cm thick slices
- 1 green pepper- seeded and sliced
- 1 red pepper - seeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 x 400g (14oz) tin chopped tomatoes
- 1tablepoons sugar
- 1 itres (2 pints) water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 350g (12oz) long-grain rice
- 300g (10 oz) white fish fillets, such as hake - cubed
- 12 large mussels in shells - scrubbed and beards removed
- 300g (10 oz) prawns - peeled and deveined
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in the casserole on the hob over low to medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until it turns translucent. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the chicken, chorizo, peppers and paprika.
- Season and brown for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and sugar. Bring to the boil and then simmer uncovered until almost all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the water and stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the rice; reduce heat to medium low and cook covered for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the cubed fish and the mussels and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the prawns and continue to cook for 5 minutes or until the fish and prawns are cooked and the mussels have opened. Discard any unopened mussels.
- Season to taste, stir gently to mix, add the chopped parsley and serve.