You have no items in your shopping basket.
Roast Chicken with Pork and Cranberry Stuffing
- 1-1.5kg chicken
- 500g pork sausages
- 100g dried cranberries
- 50g pistachio nuts
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 egg
- 25ml butter, melted
- Salt and pepper
- 2 onions, quartered
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan/ Gas Mark 5.
- Remove the casing from the pork sausages, and place the filling into a bowl. Add the cranberries, pistachios, chopped onion, garlic, egg and butter. Season the mixture well with salt and pepper and mix it together.
- Stuff the cavity of the chicken with the pork filling, and tie it closed with string.
- Place it in a Le Creuset Rectangular Roaster and scatter the quartered onions around it.
- Roll the remaining stuffing into balls and add them to the onions and the chicken in the roasting pan. Drizzle with oil and place into a hot oven. Cook the chicken for 1-1 ½ hours or until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Serve with the roasted onions and extra stuffing balls.