You have no items in your shopping basket.
Panettone Puddings with Amaretto Custard
A delicious pudding made from slices of buttered panettone baked in creamy Amaretto liqueur custard and sprinkled with crunchy sugar to finish. Using the roaster to create a Bain-marie these individual little puddings are cooked in six Le Creuset Stoneware 0.2l Ramekins.
- 200g (7oz) Panettone in 1cm (½À) thick slices
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 300ml (10fl oz) milk
- 300ml (10fl oz) double cream
- 25g (1oz) caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons Amaretto liqueur
- 4 eggs
- 25g (1oz) granulated sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4, or for a fan oven: 160°C
- Lightly grease each of the ramekins with a little of the butter.
- Spread the remaining butter on one side of the panettone slices.
- Distribute the buttered slices between the 6 ramekins.
- In a large jug mix the milk, cream, caster sugar and Amaretto liqueur.
- Whisk the eggs and beat in to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture over the panettone and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- Fill the roaster one third full of warm water and add the filled ramekins.
- Bake for 35 minutes until no liquid remains in the centres and the tops are very slightly browned.
- Remove carefully from the Bain-marie and dust the tops of the puddings with the granulated sugar before serving.
- For a special occasion decorate a cover plate, to place the ramekin on, with a little fruit coulis.