You have no items in your shopping basket.
Hot Smoked Salmon Pâté
A soft silky pâté of hot smoked salmon and cream cheese flavoured with lemon juice, fresh dill, wholegrain mustard and set with gelatine.
Preparation time: 20 minutes + 2 hours chilling time
- 325g (11½oz) hot smoked salmon
- 140g (5oz) full-fat soft cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons powdered gelatine - dissolved in 4 teaspoons of hot water
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 baby gem lettuce - washed and broken into separate leaves
- 12-16 cherry tomatoes - halved
- 6-8 slices cucumber - halved
- Olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper
- 2 lemons - cut into quarters
- A few sprigs of dill
- Rustic white bread - sliced thinly and toasted
- Remove any skin and bones from the salmon and shred it into flakes.
- Place the salmon, cream cheese, crème fraiche and lemon juice into a food processor and blend together until smooth.
- Add the liquid gelatine, chopped dill, mustard, black pepper, paprika and pulse quickly for a couple of seconds to mix together.
- Spoon the pâté into 6 - 8 ramekins and swirl the surface of each one with a spoon. Cover with cling film and chill for 2 hours.
- Before serving, arrange the baby lettuce leaves, cherry tomatoes and cucumber slices in 6-8 separate ramekins or small dishes and dress with a little olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Decorate the ramekins of pâté with a sprig of dill and serve with the salad, a wedge of lemon and some thinly sliced toast.