You have no items in your shopping basket.
Browse our extensive range in a choice of materials, shapes, sizes and colours to suit your cooking needs.
Professional Hard Anodised Deep Casserole with Lid
Our Professional Hard Anodised Deep Casserole is the perfect choice for cooking a wide variety of recipes from curry to risotto or French onion soup to a classic stew. The close-fitting lid helps to retain the moisture and flavour in your cooking, while the secure stainless steel handles ensure the pan is easy to transport from the kitchen to the table for serving.
Our unique combination of a strong, hard anodised body with a premium-grade stainless steel interior ensures these pans will withstand the rigours of even the toughest kitchen environment. Meanwhile the non-stick exterior coating makes the pans so easy to keep clean. Integral capacity markings and helper handles make Le Creuset Professional Hard Anodised cookware both easy and comfortable to use. The range is suitable for use on all heat sources, including induction, is oven and dishwasher safe* and comes with a reassuring lifetime guarantee.
* See individual product details for full care and use information.
Professional Hard Anodised
Thank you for choosing Le Creuset Professional Hard Anodised cookware. Please read this leaflet before using your pans for the first time - it will help you care for your pans and achieve the best possible cooking results.
- Le Creuset Professional Hard Anodised pans are made using a high technology, dual-layer material combining a tough, hard anodized aluminium exterior with a premium quality stainless steel interior. A special magnetic steel base makes the pans suitable for use on induction hobs.
- The dual-layering continues throughout the whole pan ensuring excellent heat conduction performance from base to rim, preventing hot-spots.
- The hard anodised exterior of each pan is finished with a durable non-stick coating for easy cleaning.
- The rim of each pan has a specially designed "all-round" lip for drip-free pouring, suitable for left and right handed use.
- The close-fitting lids make the pans suitable for "reduced-water" cooking helping to retain vitamins and nutrients - see later section for details.
- Handles are secured with stainless steel rivets.
Le Creuset Professional Hard Anodised pans are:
- Suitable for use on all hobs, including induction. They can also be used in all types of conventional oven and, for shallow shapes, under the grill.
- Oven-safe to 260°C.
- Energy saving - only medium to low heat is needed for most types of cooking.
- Dishwasher safe. Stackable to save storage space. Covered by a Lifetime Guarantee.
Before First Use
- Remove all packaging and labels, wash pans in hot soapy water, rinse and dry thoroughly.
- When frying in an uncoated pan for the first time or whenever the pan has been cleaned in the dishwasher, prepare the pan as follows:
- Add some vegetable or corn oil so that the base is covered.
- Heat the oil gently and turn the pan to coat the inner side walls.
- Remove the pan from the heat, let it cool and clean with kitchen paper.
- Add some further oil, fat or butter and begin cooking as normal.
- Season the food only after sealing on the hot surface.
- Turn food only when the surface has sealed and it is easily released
- Reduce the temperature after sealing.
Using Your Pan
- The dual-layer construction of the pans means you do not need to cook on high heat settings. Only MEDIUM heat is needed for most cooking, including frying and searing.
- Always match the diameter of the pan base to the hob heat zone it is to be used on.
- Gas flames must always be confined to the base area and NEVER extend up around the side walls of the pan.
- On any glass-topped hob always lift the pan on and off, or across the surface. Never slide the pan as this may cause damage to the pan base as well as to the glass.
- Never heat an empty pan.
- Always use a dry oven glove or cloth when handling hot pans during and after cooking
- If using salt, always add to hot cooking liquid or food so that it can dissolve thoroughly. Never pour directly onto the stainless steel surface as it may cause pitting
- Do not store raw, marinating or cooked foods in the pans. Ingredients may cause damage to the surface
- To protect your pans, we recommend using silicone, heat-resistant plastic or wooden tools. However, metal tools, spoons or balloon whisks may be used with care, but should not be used harshly or scraped over the surface.
- Never knock metal utensils on the top rim of the pan.
Induction Hob Cooking
- Always match the diameter of the pan base to the induction hob cooking zone.
- Using a pan with a small base diameter on too large a cooking zone may result in a weaker magnetic field being created and reduced heat output. In some cases the hob may not "recognise" the pan and no heat will be generated.
- DO NOT use the boost function for longer than is required to bring the pan's contents to a boil. The boost function should only be used for rapid heating of large quantities of water e.g. for boiling pasta or vegetables
- During cooking, you may notice some slight noise being generated in the pan by the induction hob. This will not damage the pan or affect cooking performance.
The close-fitting lids, even heat distribution and excellent heat retention qualities of Le Creuset Professional Hard Anodised cookware allows cooking with very little liquid. This method is ideal for vegetables and fruit where flavour can be concentrated and nutrients retained.
- Place the food and liquid into a cold pan. In 16-20cm diameter pans allow 100ml water for a 20-30 minute cook. In a 24cm pan allow 150ml water
- Put on the lid and bring to a simmer when steam will be seen escaping around it. As soon as this happens reduce the heat to very low, so that no steam loss is visible.
- Cook for the required time. Do not lift the lid during the cooking period as steam will be lost and more liquid will be required to replace it.
Misuse of Pans - Overheating
Damage from overheating is instantly recognisable as the stainless steel surface may change colour producing a golden/brown/blue appearance. This is not reversible and cannot be cleaned off. However it will not alter performance in any way.
Cleaning and Storing Your Pans
- Cool pans for a few minutes before washing in hot soapy water, rinse and dry thoroughly or clean in the dishwasher. For more stubborn residues fill the pan with warm water and leave to soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Do not fill hot pans with or plunge into cold water
- Use only soft, nylon pads or brushes for removing stubborn residues. Do not use any harsh abrasive pads or cleaning agents on any of the surfaces as they may cause damage.
- A proprietary stainless steel cleaner can be used to remove hard water lime scale deposits and other marks from the interior of the pan. It can also be used to condition, polish and protect the inner surfaces and handles. DO NOT use on the exterior non-stick surface
Thank you for your purchase and we hope you will enjoy using your Le Creuset Professional Hard Anodised cookware for many years.