You have no items in your shopping basket.
Dark Chocolate Mousse Dessert with French Raspberry liqueur
Intensely dark chocolate mousse with a sponge base laced with French raspberry liqueur and topped with fresh glazed raspberries.
x2 Le Creuset Stoneware Heart Ramekins with Lids
- 3 sponge fingers (boudoir biscuits)
- 2 tablespoons raspberry liquor (Creme de Framboise)
- 6 fresh raspberries
- 70g Good quality Dark chocolate
- 1 egg -separated
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20g sugar
- 100ml double cream
Glazed raspberry topping
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon raspberry liqueur (Creme de Framboise)
- 1 teaspoon corn flour mixed with 1 tablespoons of cold water
- 60g raspberries
To make the base
- Break the sponge fingers in half and place three halves in the base of each dish.
- Pour a tablespoon of liqueur into each dish and allow to soak in.
- Once soaked in press the sponge lightly to fit the base.
- Place three fresh raspberries on top.
To make the mousse
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Whisk the egg yolk, vanilla and sugar together in a bowl.
- Once the chocolate has melted, remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir one tablespoon of the cream into the chocolate.
- Whisk the egg yolk mixture into the chocolate a little at a time.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the remainder of the cream until thick but not stiff and stir into the chocolate mixture.
- In a separate, clean bowl whisk the egg white with a tiny pinch of salt until stiff then fold in to the chocolate mixture.
- Divide the mousse between the two dishes and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
To make the glazed raspberries
- Gently heat the sugar, lemon juice, raspberry liqueur, cornflour and water until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture has thickened.
- Stir in the raspberries and continue to cook for a few more seconds until the fruit is well coated. Turn into a small bowl and chill till required.
- Once the mousse has set top each one with the glazed raspberries and serve.