You have no items in your shopping basket.
Creamy courgette soup with crispy garlic croutons
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 600g courgettes, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 350g Boursin cheese (garlic flavour cream cheese)
- 350ml chicken stock
- 2 courgettes, sliced into ribbons
- ¼ ciabbata loaf, torn into small chunks
- 4 garlic gloves, skin on roughly crushed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Sauté the onions in the olive oil until translucent. Add the chopped courgettes and sauté on a medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato purée and the Boursin®; the residual heat in the pan will melt the cheese.
- When the cheese had melted pour in the chicken stock, stir and simmer for 10 minutes. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Using a hand-held blender or liquidizer, purée the soup to a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Heat a stovetop grill, ideally a Le Creuset Toughened Non-Stick or Cast Iron Grill/Grillit® and grill the courgette ribbons, set aside.
- For the croutons, pre-heat the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6. In a large bowl toss the ciabatta pieces and garlic with the olive oil and seasoning. Spread them onto a non-stick baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until crispy and golden. Allow to cool.
- To serve, pour the soup into bowls and top generously with the grilled courgette ribbons and crispy croutons.