You have no items in your shopping basket.
Braised Pheasant Pappardelle with Root Vegetables, Thyme and White Wine
- 1 dressed pheasant (plucked and drawn)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- ¼ celeriac
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 bay leaves
- ½ bunch thyme
- 400ml medium white wine
- 250ml whipping cream
- 400g pappardelle pasta
- 50g parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper
- Brown the pheasant well in a pot with some oil.
- Wash, peel and roughly cut the vegetables, then add to the pot and brown lightly.
- Add the herbs and white wine and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until the alcohol has burnt off.
- Pour in the cream, place the lid on and simmer again for an additional 45 minutes.
- Remove the pheasant and vegetables, and strain off the liquid reserving for later.
- Remove the meat from the bones of the pheasant and blend with the vegetables, in a blender, until it becomes a coarse purée/meat sauce.
- Heat the blended mixture with the liquid from the pot, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the pack, and serve it with the pheasant sauce directly from the pot. Sprinkle with grated parmesan.
- Chicken and rabbit are good alternatives when pheasant is out of season.