You have no items in your shopping basket.
Bloody Mary Mini Muffins
A grown up savoury snack for sharing with friends. Intensely flavoured tomato muffins with a kick of Worcestershire and Tabasco© sauce topped with cream cheese and a sprig of celery.
Preparation time: 15 minutes including decorating
Cooking time: 8-9 minutes
- 100g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½-1 teaspoon Tabasco© sauce, depending on taste
- 40g sun blush-tomatoes, chopped
- 55g cream cheese
- 1-2 sticks of celery, from the heart with some leaves, cut into very small sticks
- Pre-heat the oven 200°C/180°C fan/Gas Mark 6.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, celery salt and pepper into a medium bowl and mix together.
- Measure the milk into a jug and whisk in the egg, olive oil, tomato purée, Worcestershire and Tabasco® sauces.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, pour in the wet ingredients and add the chopped tomatoes. Combine everything together to make a batter.
- Spoon the mixture equally between the mini muffin tray cups. Bake in the centre of the oven for 8-9 minutes until golden brown and well risen. Remove from the tin and cool.
- Spread the tops with the cream cheese and top each muffin with 3-4 pieces of the celery. Serve straight away or place into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. Consume within 24 hours.
- The muffins can be frozen at the end of stage 4 for up to a month in an airtight container.